nntpswitch.blueworldhosting.com - Back Online
Jesse
2015-04-28 18:32:25 UTC
I've got the Usenet stack back online and was able to salvage the user
database so no one has to be recreated.

I lost all news prior to this weekend so I have no retention currently.
If you have any issues feel free to e-mail me.
unknown
2015-04-28 18:56:46 UTC
<PRE Style='Font-Family: OCR A !important;'><big><big>
Post by Jesse
I've got the Usenet stack back online and was able to salvage the user
database so no one has to be recreated.
I lost all news prior to this weekend so I have no retention currently.
If you have any issues feel free to e-mail me.
Thanks.

I might wait a month or so before using it to download posts.

What happened ? Was it the hardware ?
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2015-04-28 19:45:57 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Jesse
I've got the Usenet stack back online and was able to salvage the user
database so no one has to be recreated.
I lost all news prior to this weekend so I have no retention currently.
If you have any issues feel free to e-mail me.
Thanks.
I might wait a month or so before using it to download posts.
What happened ? Was it the hardware ?
It might have been a buffer overflow virus. <snicker>
Sir Gregory
Jesse
2015-04-28 20:28:23 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Jesse
I've got the Usenet stack back online and was able to salvage the user
database so no one has to be recreated.
I lost all news prior to this weekend so I have no retention currently.
If you have any issues feel free to e-mail me.
Thanks.
I might wait a month or so before using it to download posts.
What happened ? Was it the hardware ?
It might have been a buffer overflow virus.<snicker>
Most likely the combination of two rare bugs in ext4 and e2fsck. I
shouldn't have ever tried to fsck the file system just for the hell of
it (which should be a good thing). The bug in ext4 caused some very
special inode corruption and the bug in e2fsck caused e2fsck to trash
the filesystem whenever it encountered the special inode corruption
caused by the ext4 bug.

I'm seriously thinking about not using ext4 in the future. I guess
enough people have had some serious problems since RedHat decided to go
with XFS in RHEL 7.
noel
2015-04-29 04:17:01 UTC
Post by Jesse
I'm seriously thinking about not using ext4 in the future. I guess
enough people have had some serious problems since RedHat decided to go
with XFS in RHEL 7.
XFS? lol
Just dont have a hard power off or you will experience real data
corruption hell
Jesse
2015-04-29 14:11:13 UTC
Post by noel
Post by Jesse
I'm seriously thinking about not using ext4 in the future. I guess
enough people have had some serious problems since RedHat decided to go
with XFS in RHEL 7.
XFS? lol
Just dont have a hard power off or you will experience real data
corruption hell
You'll have corruption with ext4 and a power loss too. I've never seen
a server with ext4 have a clean file system after any kind of hard
crash, be it power or software related. XFS is the default filesystem
in RHEL 7 now. There is enough trust there that I'm sure they have had
good reason to make that major change since ext2/3/4 has been the
default since the inception of RedHat Linux back in the late 90's.
unknown
2015-04-29 18:31:36 UTC
Post by Jesse
Post by Jesse
I'm seriously thinking about not using ext4 in the future.
I guess enough people have had some serious problems
since RedHat decided to go with XFS in RHEL 7.
XFS? lol Just dont have a hard power off
or you will experience real data corruption hell
You'll have corruption with ext4 and a power loss too.
I've never seen a server with ext4 have a clean file system
after any kind of hard crash, be it power or software related.
XFS is the default filesystem in RHEL 7 now.
There is enough trust there that I'm sure they have had
good reason to make that major change since ext2/3/4 has been the
default since the inception of RedHat Linux back in the late 90's.
The file system is less important than the power supply,
the storage device, the task at hand, and one's skills.
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2015-04-29 19:32:39 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Jesse
Post by Jesse
I'm seriously thinking about not using ext4 in the future.
I guess enough people have had some serious problems
since RedHat decided to go with XFS in RHEL 7.
XFS? lol Just dont have a hard power off
or you will experience real data corruption hell
You'll have corruption with ext4 and a power loss too.
I've never seen a server with ext4 have a clean file system
after any kind of hard crash, be it power or software related.
XFS is the default filesystem in RHEL 7 now.
There is enough trust there that I'm sure they have had
good reason to make that major change since ext2/3/4 has been the
default since the inception of RedHat Linux back in the late 90's.
The file system is less important than the power supply,
the storage device, the task at hand, and one's skills.
Jeff, it is only myopic or stupid people who would
attempt to run a server or servers without some serious
battery backup. I'm not talking about some little UPS
that has a battery that might last an hour. If one
doesn't have at least a 24-hour reserve, one is not
too swift. (Hello Jesse!)

I literally have YEARS of uninterrupted power for
my computers. The entire grid could go down for a year
and my computers would keep humming along compliments
of old Sol.
--
Sir Gregory
Sir Gregory
Jesse
2015-04-29 20:16:04 UTC
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Post by unknown
Post by Jesse
Post by Jesse
[...]
You're such an ignorant twat. None of the servers I referenced lost
power due to power failure within a data center. They lost power due to
failing power supplies, or had to be hard booted because they were
completely locked up. HELLO GREG!
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2015-04-29 21:43:49 UTC
Post by Jesse
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Post by unknown
Post by Jesse
Post by Jesse
[...]
Well, excuuuuuuse ME! I'm used to Gary Burnore/Kevin Cannon
back closet servers like DataBasux when they used to run it
out of their Chinese bearing warehouse prior to when Novins
sued and bankrupted them.

I keep forgetting your stuff is real stuff. But, you should
forgive me as you are the ONLY free NSP in the history of
Usenet that uses real equipment. (Even if you're only
borrowing it as a perk.)
Sir Gregory
noel
2015-04-30 14:24:17 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Jesse
Post by Jesse
I'm seriously thinking about not using ext4 in the future.
I guess enough people have had some serious problems since RedHat
decided to go with XFS in RHEL 7.
XFS? lol Just dont have a hard power off or you will experience
real data corruption hell
You'll have corruption with ext4 and a power loss too.
I've never seen a server with ext4 have a clean file system after any
kind of hard crash, be it power or software related.
XFS is the default filesystem in RHEL 7 now.
There is enough trust there that I'm sure they have had good reason to
make that major change since ext2/3/4 has been the default since the
inception of RedHat Linux back in the late 90's.
The file system is less important than the power supply,
the storage device, the task at hand, and one's skills.
didnt see this post, seemsl ike my cockhead filters working 10/10
Jeff, it is only myopic or stupid people who would attempt to run a
server or servers without some serious battery backup. I'm not talking
No amount of battery or generator backup will save you from a chasis
failure, dipstick, but if you knew anything about servers you would
already know that
about some little UPS that has a battery that might last an hour. If one
doesn't have at least a 24-hour reserve, one is not too swift. (Hello
Jesse!)
no UPS will last that long if you have any load on it, UPS's are only
sposed to handle the cross over time from grid to backup gennny, our
requirements are 72 hours of diesel gen capability before refuel, bu that
wont help if the chasis fails
kensi
2015-05-02 15:47:55 UTC
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
I literally have YEARS of uninterrupted power for
my computers. The entire grid could go down for a year
and my computers would keep humming along compliments
of old Sol.
I thought conservak00ks like you didn't believe in solar power.
in here." ~Checkmate
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2015-05-02 18:20:11 UTC
Post by kensi
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
I literally have YEARS of uninterrupted power for
my computers. The entire grid could go down for a year
and my computers would keep humming along compliments
of old Sol.
I thought conservak00ks like you didn't believe in solar power.
Solar power is the bomb. It's the ONLY power I've had for
the past 20 years and I don't miss the grid at all.
Sir Gregory
kensi
2015-05-02 18:25:17 UTC
On 02/05/2015 2:20 PM, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq., self-styled
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Solar power is the bomb. It's the ONLY power I've had for
the past 20 years and I don't miss the grid at all.
There it is again! I distinctly heard him sing the praises of renewable
energy!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you can expect someone to be
along shortly from your local Fox News affiliate and/or chapter of the
Republican Party to insist that you turn in your membership card. And
maybe a priest to excommunicate you for heresy, too.

At which point you might as well take a gender studies class and become
a sensitive, pro-equality feminist that quits using homophobic and
transphobic slurs online -- might as well be hanged for a horse as for a
sheep, right?
in here." ~Checkmate
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2015-05-02 18:55:11 UTC
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Solar power is the bomb. It's the ONLY power I've had for
the past 20 years and I don't miss the grid at all.
There it is again! I distinctly heard him sing the praises of renewable
energy!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you can expect someone to be
along shortly from your local Fox News affiliate and/or chapter of the
Republican Party to insist that you turn in your membership card. And
maybe a priest to excommunicate you for heresy, too.
At which point you might as well take a gender studies class and become
a sensitive, pro-equality feminist that quits using homophobic and
transphobic slurs online -- might as well be hanged for a horse as for a
sheep, right?
Well, for one thing, Kensi, photovoltaic power is not
yet a viable source of power for the gluttonously huge
dwellings you libtards insist upon living in. While it
works just fine for a modest little dwelling like a
sailboat, it just doesn't provide enough power for your
typical greedy and wasteful liberal landlubber.

But, you libtards might all be able to benefit from Elon
Musk's new home battery:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/05/01/403529202/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-unveils-home-battery-is-3-000-cheap-enough

With enough storage capacity and plenty of photovoltaics on
the roof, sufficient electrical energy may be stored to serve
the needs of the typical, wasteful and power-hungry libtard.
Sir Gregory
kensi
2015-05-02 19:26:41 UTC
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Well, for one thing, Kensi, photovoltaic power is not
yet a viable source of power for the gluttonously huge
dwellings you libtards insist upon living in.
I see you haven't yet heard the news about Elon Musk's new home-power
battery. Or seen the statistics coming out of Japan and Germany (the
latter not exactly known for its low latitude or dry climate, either)
lately.
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
While it works just fine for a modest little dwelling like a
sailboat,
BTW, thanks for reminding the guys coming to take your Con Card(tm) away
that you also have taken measures to protect yourself from rising sea
levels by obtaining a domicile that will remain above the water no
matter how bad things get. Good little cons buy beachfront condos and
don't insure them against flooding, by contrast, secure in the belief
that they will be able to last for the ages.
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
it just doesn't provide enough power for your
typical greedy and wasteful
repug? Because the people most into giant and gas-guzzling anything tend
to be repugs, and often specifically point-oh-one-percenters.
in here." ~Checkmate
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2015-05-02 19:50:43 UTC
Post by kensi
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Well, for one thing, Kensi, photovoltaic power is not
yet a viable source of power for the gluttonously huge
dwellings you libtards insist upon living in.
I see you haven't yet heard the news about Elon Musk's new home-power
battery. Or seen the statistics coming out of Japan and Germany (the
latter not exactly known for its low latitude or dry climate, either)
lately.
Proof that Kensi snips where I even posted a link to Elon
Musk's new wall battery. LOL. The FNVWe is right about you
selective editing, you k0ok!
Post by kensi
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
While it works just fine for a modest little dwelling like a
sailboat,
BTW, thanks for reminding the guys coming to take your Con Card(tm) away
that you also have taken measures to protect yourself from rising sea
levels by obtaining a domicile that will remain above the water no
matter how bad things get. Good little cons buy beachfront condos and
don't insure them against flooding, by contrast, secure in the belief
that they will be able to last for the ages.
Yup, when your libtard pals institute martial law, you'll remain
right where you are in those ivory towers of academia with the
rest of the uber-liberal rabble, slowly starving to death while
independent and intelligent people such as Yours Truly will be off
to see the still-functional parts of the world compliments of
the Sun which drives the winds which drives my yacht for free.

Only an ignorant libtard believes it takes a village but then
denies the reality that a village can go down just as fast as
a single individual. Myopic to the max is what you libtards are.
Post by kensi
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
it just doesn't provide enough power for your
typical greedy and wasteful
repug? Because the people most into giant and gas-guzzling anything tend
to be repugs, and often specifically point-oh-one-percenters.
Sorry, but you are in denial of the reality of how the majority
of the rich are libtards. Graft and corruption is how libtards
get and stay so rich. The smaller number of conservatives who
strike it rich do so through hard work and ethical pursuits.

So, get a clue, little girl, before somebody comes to your
hallowed ivy halls and spanks your cellulite-ridden, bare
bottom.
Sir Gregory
kensi
2015-05-02 19:58:10 UTC
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
the winds which drives my yacht for free.
First solar power, then preparing against rising sea level, and now wind
power. Your conservak00k credentials are looking increasingly shaky.
*snicker*
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
So, get a clue, little girl, before somebody comes to your
hallowed ivy halls and spanks your cellulite-ridden, bare
bottom.
Your sexual fantasies are noted for the kOok-award record, but I'm not
interested.
in here." ~Checkmate
spacesst
2015-05-03 01:52:04 UTC
Re: Re: The storage device, the task at hand, and one's skills.
By: Sir Gregory Hall, Esq. to kensi on Sat May 02 2015 14:20:11

SG> Solar power is the bomb. It's the ONLY power I've had for
SG> the past 20 years and I don't miss the grid at all.

they not Efficency ! when the technology produce better with solar
power
we can talk , Freeze take lot of juice

... Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got.
cluck
2015-04-30 04:58:00 UTC
Post by Jesse
Post by Jesse
I'm seriously thinking about not using ext4 in the future.
I guess enough people have had some serious problems
since RedHat decided to go with XFS in RHEL 7.
XFS? lol Just dont have a hard power off
or you will experience real data corruption hell
You'll have corruption with ext4 and a power loss too.
I've never seen a server with ext4 have a clean file system
after any kind of hard crash, be it power or software related.
XFS is the default filesystem in RHEL 7 now.
There is enough trust there that I'm sure they have had
good reason to make that major change since ext2/3/4 has been the
default since the inception of RedHat Linux back in the late 90's.
The file system is less important than the power supply,
the storage device, the task at hand, and one's skills.
Attachment decoded: untitled-1.htm
Yuh, dats why unix users are always busy recovering file systems
and sending disks out for data recovery. That unimportant file
system.
chrisv
2015-04-30 11:32:29 UTC
*plonk*
GreyCloud
2015-04-30 17:45:16 UTC
Post by chrisv
*plonk*
--
When told the reason for daylight savings time the Old
Indian said, "Only the government would believe that you
bottom, and have a longer blanket."
noel
2015-04-30 14:17:01 UTC
Post by Jesse
Post by Jesse
I'm seriously thinking about not using ext4 in the future. I guess
enough people have had some serious problems since RedHat decided to
go with XFS in RHEL 7.
XFS? lol Just dont have a hard power off or you will experience real
data corruption hell
You'll have corruption with ext4 and a power loss too. I've never seen
a server with ext4 have a clean file system after any kind of hard
crash, be it power or software related. XFS is the default filesystem
in RHEL 7 now. There is enough trust there that I'm sure they have had
good reason to make that major change since ext2/3/4 has been the
default since the inception of RedHat Linux back in the late 90's.
I tried ext4 few years back when they touted it production stable ready -
but the fucker didnt even then handle quotas!!!! reverted to ext3 and
stayed there. Heard too many bad things bout xfs and corruptions, so wont
be going there, admitedly thats going back 5 10 years, maybe they got
their act together now...
Michael Baeuerle
2015-05-01 09:59:56 UTC
Post by noel
Post by Jesse
You'll have corruption with ext4 and a power loss too. I've never seen
a server with ext4 have a clean file system after any kind of hard
crash, be it power or software related.
This is unavoidable by definition. But since ext3 the filesystem contain
a journal with information to bring all metadata back into consistent
state (without running a whole fsck).

There can still be data loss, but I have never seen (with ext3) a case
in which the filesystem consistency (in the sense of metadata integrity)
was not reestablished by the Linux driver at the next reboot.
Post by noel
Post by Jesse
XFS is the default filesystem
in RHEL 7 now. There is enough trust there that I'm sure they have had
good reason to make that major change since ext2/3/4 has been the
default since the inception of RedHat Linux back in the late 90's.
There is a chance that they are more looking for performance than for
crash and recovery behaviour.
Post by noel
I tried ext4 few years back when they touted it production stable ready -
but the fucker didnt even then handle quotas!!!! reverted to ext3 and
stayed there. Heard too many bad things bout xfs and corruptions, so wont
be going there, admitedly thats going back 5 10 years, maybe they got
their act together now...
At that time, the XFS fsck had the reputation of requiring insane
amounts of RAM.

Today both, ext3 and ext4 are handled by the same driver in the Linux
kernel. But there is always a chance of bugs in new ext4 features,
because there is still active development on them.
--
Sorry, aber mit der Einstellung würden wir heute aus Sicherheitsgründen
noch auf dem Baum sitzen. Wer etwas Neues schaffen will, muß auch was
wohl nicht mehr... [Eric Brücklmeier in dse]
noel
2015-05-01 14:52:13 UTC
Post by Michael Baeuerle
At that time, the XFS fsck had the reputation of requiring insane
amounts of RAM.
Today both, ext3 and ext4 are handled by the same driver in the Linux
kernel. But there is always a chance of bugs in new ext4 features,
because there is still active development on them.
yep, I dont consider ext4 production quality, hell I'd trust reiserfs
before it, and today I still consider reiserfs the best when dealing with
small files - like maildir, but EMC and netapps own FS's makes
mailstorage maildirs redundant these days.
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2015-04-28 19:40:56 UTC
Post by Jesse
I lost all news prior to this weekend so I have no retention currently.
No big deal - neither do any of the other free NSPs...
Sir Gregory
noel
2015-04-29 04:28:16 UTC
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
No big deal - neither do any of the other free NSPs...
pffft 2 years on this one (with recent policy to never expire), but
although free, it aint open to you.
Jonno
Working for me - thanks for fixing the problem so quickly.
Sn!pe
2015-04-28 21:32:28 UTC
Post by Jesse
I've got the Usenet stack back online and was able to salvage the user
database so no one has to be recreated.
I lost all news prior to this weekend so I have no retention currently.
If you have any issues feel free to e-mail me.
Your efforts are appreciated, Jesse, thank you.
Sn!pe
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
2015-04-28 22:03:37 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Jesse
I've got the Usenet stack back online and was able to salvage the user
database so no one has to be recreated.
I lost all news prior to this weekend so I have no retention currently.
If you have any issues feel free to e-mail me.
Your efforts are appreciated, Jesse, thank you.
Speak for yourself, Tr!pe. You will please note how
Altopia never suffers from such outages...
Sir Gregory
IDS
Given that they have what, five total paying customers?
Sn!pe
2015-04-29 05:05:44 UTC
Post by Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Jesse
I've got the Usenet stack back online and was able to salvage the user
database so no one has to be recreated.
I lost all news prior to this weekend so I have no retention currently.
If you have any issues feel free to e-mail me.
Your efforts are appreciated, Jesse, thank you.
Speak for yourself, Tr!pe. You will please note how
Altopia never suffers from such outages...
Off topic, shill.
--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <***@notforspam.fsnet.co.uk>

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Anonymous
2015-04-29 17:58:46 UTC
And, we're supposed to believe a little shit like you?

Did Lloyd cum on your face again?

Neal Warren would hide in his tight ass. And, he's a drop out!

Why did you pick the gay lifestyle Warren?

Neal Warren whines and smells like shit...

Gweggie lives in his own shit... Now he has a new butt buddy. Poor Lloyd!

If it's about pig shit, you'd be an expert Gweggles.

As soon as Lloyd posts about banging, Neal Warren responds. It makes you think...
Warren is good at sucking your dick Lloyd. You are the woman in the relationship.
"I'm third oldest - sort of in the middle. It goes from oldest to youngest - Steve,
Bruce, Neal, Grant, Lynne, Scott, Mark. Lynne is the only girl. Wasn't she the lucky
one. LOL. She lives in Chicago. The other brothers are scattered all across the country
and we are not very close. Hardly get together at all. Maybe once in a blue moon. Both
parents died back in 2000-2001. Dad had congestive heart failure at 79 and Mom had a
cerebral hemmorhage at age 80."
Neal D. Warren/Wilbur Hubbard/Gregory Hall
PO Box 1015
Tavernier, FL 33070
305 304-7546
---